Keiskamma Trust urgently invites applications for an opening in the position of Public Health Programme Specialist/Advisor.
Based in Hamburg, Eastern Cape, South Africa, the Public Health Programme Advisor will aid the Health programme in advancing its aim which is to improve and increase access and utilisation of HIV-AIDS and TB health services by PLWA and TB positive people through community awareness activities targeting both women and men.
The incoming Public Health Programme Specialist/Advisor will be hired on a one and half-year contract with a preliminary probation period of three months. Applications are welcome from South Africa and internationally. Preference will be given to applicants with a strong background in public health, but all applications with development background showing strong M&E, report writing, knowledge and insight in health will be considered.
– Manage the remaining one and half year of a 5 year HIV/TB Prevention and Care Project
– Capacity building/mentoring/ health training of health team and Community Health Workers
– Manage and report on donor funding and
– Maintain and upkeep cellphone monitoring and evaluation system
– Nursing degree/Development studies or Master’s in Public Health
– Proven operational planning, implementation and project management experience preferably
working within South Africa (minimum 3 years experience required)
– Fluency in Xhosa advantageous
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently and in a team
– Organisational and management skills
– Ability to handle a diverse workload and multitask as needed
– Experience with cell phone monitoring and evaluation advantageous
– Report writing and computer skills
All applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae which outline the applicant’s experience as relevant to the job description, as well as email and phone contact details for two references who can speak to the applicant’s experience in health and/or development work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remuneration is 300 000 per annum
Application deadline: January 25th, 2016
Position commencement: as soon as possible thereafter